Monday, February 27, 2012

Monster Island


Monster Island was something I did not think I would have been into I am not normally a fan of zombie books. But the more I read the more I enjoyed this online blog style of a book. I really enjoyed its take on with Gary the only thinking zombie which is something I have really yet to see in most zombie movies or reading also that the zombies are all connected like when he told the fat trucker zombie to go die and the zombie went and died I found that interesting and I also thought it was funny that the zombie fighting him for the meat was a pretty stereo typical zombie the trucker/redneck zombie. Also I thought it was weird with the girl war lords who are basically the only group that seems to be maintaining there own laws in this lawless time and they are all very young and dressed like school girls and I don’t know it just was odd to me I get extremist groups using young children but the whole school girl outfitters was a little weird but I am happy the story didn’t go into a sexual way with that. Also I took a look at night of the living dead which I thought was wonderful and still a zombie movie today that holds up though some of the acting is not the greatest the lead African American actor really steal the movie for me and really adds a lot of depth and in parts really makes the other actors horrible acting better. In comparison reading a book about zombies and seeing them In a movie normally a movie wins for me but Monster Island is a book I think that can stand on its own against movie like night of the living dead because it gives you detail it gives you suspense in a medium that is hard to with zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment