Monday, February 27, 2012

Read J.R.R. Tolkien, The Annotated Hobbit

The Annotated Hobbit its been awhile since have read this book so I thought I would give it a reread to see if it was what I remembered but instead of reading the annotated hobbit in print I opted for the ipad version which adds images and also text read by J.R.R Tolkien. To be completely honesty when I first read the hobbit it wasn’t my favorite book back in high school and I found it quite boring for my taste and slow. But every time Tolkien read it had a rhythm and life and was less boring then when I was just reading it by myself and I truly enjoyed the story and it really had to do with I guess the inflections in his voice that for some reason I could not do as well in my head. And it made me wish I would have gotten the audio book version then just the ipad version with a few talking paragraph points. But it was nice to have that feature and without It I wouldn’t have liked the story as much. In the end I was happy I reread the hobbit and did in the end enjoy it more then the first time I read it some years ago though it is still not one of my favorite books I have a new respect for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment